Re: Fwd: [mirror] Suboptimal (for mirrors) download pattern by opensuse clients
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 16:36:32 +0100
Benjamin Zeller wrote:

I have a new downloader implemented that would support multiple
downloads in parallel but I suffer
from the problem that mirrorbrains forwards me from HTTPS to HTTP if I
disable the metalink downloads
in favour of downloading full files only, curl errors out in that
case.

I know we could disable that error but I'm not really sure that this
is what we want. With metalink files we get the metalink description
over https , which includes all checksums for the several chunks and
then can use http connections as well because we can check if we
really got what we asked for.

Would be interesting to know here if we can configure mirrorbrains to
just redirect to HTTPS if that's what the incoming connection is
using.

mirrorbrain does currently not support https. It simply does not know
about it.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.1°C)
member, openSUSE Heroes