Re: [mirror] Announcing new module opensuse-history for your bandwidth consideration
Looking forward  for the setup instructions.

Regards

ariel

El 19/09/18 a las 00:34, Jimmy Berry escribió:
Available from stage.opensuse.org is the opensuse-history rsync module which
contains the contents of the history directory [1]. Currently, and for the
foreseeable future, this is a set of Tumbleweed snapshots (previously released
versions) for use with the tumbleweed-cli [2].

The snapshots have been available through un-official hosting for almost a
year, but the official hosting has only been available for a couple weeks. I
announced this hosting [3] on the opensuse-factory list today.

The current size is just under 90GB and will likely remain in that
neighborhood until allowed to increase the number of snapshots. :) The amount
will fluctuate more than normal repositories since it is effected by the
number of packages changed. For example if the included snapshots cover
multiple full rebuilds from gcc updates or similar the snapshots will take up
more space. The current size can be tracked via metrics.o.o [4].

The current snapshot will always redirect to standard path and as such will
never hit the mirrors via the history path. As such it is less urgent that
this module be synced immediately, but given snapshots are released daily,
when all is well, it should be done regularly. Given this setup I would expect
the history module to receive less traffic than the main TW files unless users
switch to updated to latest-n snapshot (as I do using review information [5])
instead of always to latest.

The snapshots are created using hard links so be sure your setup propagates
those properly or it will take up a lot more space (~60GB * 10).

In theory, everything should operate the same via mirror brain, but we
currently have no mirrors so that will become clear once we have some.

I look forward to your feedback and your bandwidth! :)

[1] http://download.opensuse.org/history/
[2] https://github.com/boombatower/tumbleweed-cli
[3] https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-09/msg00075.html
[4] https://metrics.opensuse.org/d/osrt_history/osrt-history