[mirror] FYI: New scanner IP addresses: 195.135.221.170 and 2001:67c:2178:8::20
  • From: Lars Vogdt <lrupp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 17:44:44 +0100
Hi Mirror Admins

With the switch to a new mirror server this Thursday[1], we will also
switch to a new scanner machine, running the constant scans on all
mirror servers world wide.

At the moment, we scan mostly via charybdis-ext.suse.de (aka
nat.nue.novell.com):
* 195.135.221.2
* 2620:113:80c0:5::2222

The new scanner will be in the same network range, but explizitely
named scanner.opensuse.org for your convenience:
* 195.135.221.170
* 2001:67c:2178:8::20

During this week, your machines will get hits from both scanners, as we
want to see if there are some differences in the scan results. If
everything goes as planned, we will shut down the old scanner and
switch over to scanner.opensuse.org this Thursday.

Please note that we always recommend to allow rsync traffic for our
scanners, as this has a significant impact on speed and correctness of
the results[2]. If it's not possible for you to allow read-only rsync
access from the world, please allow at least the (open)SUSE IP ranges:
* 195.135.220.0/22
* 2001:067c:2178::/48

Note 2: for push mirrors, we additionally scan via stage.opensuse.org:
* 195.135.221.130
* 2001:67c:2178:8::10
This will stay as before, even after the switch over.

Thanks and kind regards, in the name of the openSUSE heroes,
Lars

---
[1]: https://progress.opensuse.org/news/63
[2]: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mirror_infrastructure