[suse-mirror] Sizes of rsync modules
Hi,

It has been on our TODO list for quite some time, but only recently we
found the time to implement an algorithm that will provide you with
a rsync module of the hottest 160GB on download.opensuse.org

While we always had a hotstuff-160GB rsync module, it was neither 160G
nor always hot - it was always best guess and very often wrong.

Now that we have the algorithm, we can update the rsync module daily
to a) switch to latest trendy repos and b) stay in 160G no matter what.

But we can offer more and I wonder what rsync sizes are interesting for
you. Smaller sizes or larger ones? So far we have 30, 80 and 160 - while
only 80 and 160 are used.

E.g. is 300, 500, 1000, 2000 of any interest? Please let us know. It's
fine if you reply only to me and Alberto.

BTW: would it also be interesting to you if you'd offer a rsync module
that is without size limit, but has e.g. 95, 98, 99, 99.5% of the hits?
Right now most of our download hits are indeed in less than 100G, so if
you want to optimize for traffic, this sounds like a good approach.

Thanks, Stephan

--
When the bosses talk about improving productivity, they are never
talking about themselves.