Re: [suse-mirror] openSUSE 12.1 Update Mirror Sync Problem
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:28:35 -0500
David Westfall <david.westfall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I joined the mailing list, so the remote mirror admins would know to
check their syncs.

I am trying to get rsync access to opensuse.org.

Mirrors that are broken.

Kernel.org: Has not updated since Oct. Admin has not answered email.
TDS.net: FTP side has blank directory, cannot get sync from. Admin
answered but has not fixed.
ANL.gov:Digest Errors. Admin no longer answering emails.
Temple.edu:Digest Errors. Admin has not answered email.

How many mirrors do, I as a user, need to test?

none. you should use download.opensuse.org, if you encounter an error
with a mirror you report the mirror and we remove it from the rotation.

According to the Mirror Infrastructure page, in order to be a
registered mirror the site must give read only rsync access to
openSUSE for scanning to update the redirector. In the forum post you
will see that using aria2c to fetch RPM's, that had digest errors, the
redirector pointed to temple.edu which also had errors. So it looks
like your rsync scanner only looks for file names. Can the scanner be
changed to look for bad files and build a list of mirrors that are
either out of date or have bad copies and inform the admins.

no. this would be too expensive. it would mean downloading the files
from the mirrors. a full scan over all mirrors in the DB already takes
6-7hours.

You could post the list here, openSUSE should make this list a
requirement for being a registered mirror. Or send the admin an
email, they gave you one when the mirror was registered.

so i will contact anl.gov, kernel.org and temple.edu off list to get
things sorted. in the mean time I disabled anl.gov for kernel.org and
temple.edu I would need to know which mirrors there you tried exactly.
both run multiple mirrors.

Right now a file I get from anl.gov has a bad signature but is in the
meta4 file has having the correct version.

12.1/Update/x86_64 # rpm --checksig
pdns-backend-postgresql-2.9.22-7.3.1.x86_64.rpm
pdns-backend-postgresql-2.9.22-7.3.1.x86_64.rpm: rsa sha1 (MD5) PGP
MD5 NOT OK

Update/x86_64 # grep anl
pdns-backend-postgresql-2.9.22-7.3.1.x86_64.rpm.meta4 <url
location="us"
priority="7">http://mirror.anl.gov/pub/opensuse/opensuse/update/12.1/x86_64/pdns-backend-postgresql-2.9.22-7.3.1.x86_64.rpm</url>

The openSUSE mirror scanner could be used to find these files.

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mirror_infrastructure#Registering_your_mirror

please use download.opensuse.org, it will redirect you to close mirrors.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you