Re: [suse-mirror] Mirroring buildservice
Hi,

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 02:01:24PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
If you want to work on that, I can give you some log file snippets to
experiment with. Other than that, I'll wait for another 7 months if your
oppinion changes again and won't rush into a solution.

As said, we do not want to invest time on that. I do not understand your
comment regarding the opinion change. The problem is the same as
originally stated in 2010 and the situation did not change (the traffic
ratio did not increase, although changes were made to the set of
available files [which was kind of a bug fix that might have changed the
ratio - but did not]).

Your offer "I can also offer that we offer a push mode only containing
popular software gathered from our redirect logs. That should increase
your http/rsync ratio too :)" still sounds good. This would, indeed,
solve the problem.

To summarize:
- there is no available solution known to me
- we do not want to analyze our log files (we can still given them to
you, of course)
- the situation ("opinion") did not change in the last few months

The original suggestion to disable mirroring of OBS on other mirrors,
too, still is a good idea (from my point of view). Feel free to think
about it (again?).

Please clarify your view on this.

Thanks,
--