Re: [suse-mirror] MirrorBrain and IP database (maxmind) outdate?
Hi,

Am 11.03.2011 um 20:16 schrieb Sheshenya Alex:
I noticed that the IP database in MirrorBrain outdated.
As an example, my home IP address from a pool of 178.54.0.0 is defined as
unknown.
Although maxmind (MirrorBrain use this database) said that it is Ukraine (UA).
This problem of obsolete bases at the download.opensuse.org or MirrorBrain
project?

MirrorBrain provides tools to keep GeoIP data and BGP data (ASN numbers) up to
date. These tools need to be run regularly by cron by the admin of the
MirrorBrain install. It is explained here:

http://mirrorbrain.org/docs/installation/initial_config/#seting-up-automatic-updates-of-the-geoip-database
and
http://mirrorbrain.org/mod_asn/docs/installation/#keep-the-data-up-to-date

Peter