Re: Status ftp.klid.dk (was: Re: [suse-mirror] Thanks for beeing part of the 11.4 Launch)
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:49:21 +0100
Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The http server is there, I just got data from it, but it is slow,
that is why we prefer ftp.

if FTP works reasonably fast and http is just dirt slow (it just took
*90*seconds to answer a simple HEAD request), it means your httpd config
is broken. even apache can handle tons of static file requests without
noticable load on the machine itself. download.o.o didnt even break
load 2 during the release.

as i said ... we had issues with FTP only mirrors in the past and
disabled them. If you want help with fixing the webserver to handle the
load aswell, drop me a mail.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux