Re: Status ftp.klid.dk (was: Re: [suse-mirror] Thanks for beeing part of the 11.4 Launch)
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 02:29:58PM +0100, Marcus Rückert wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:24:37 +0100
Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 07:31:40PM +1100, Shaun Ewing wrote:

On 11/03/11 7:14 PM, "Andreas Jaeger" <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd like to thank you for beeing part of the 11.4 launch and would
be interested to get some numbers on how it went if you have some!

Some hours went fine with a max of about 400 Mbit/s, but then it faded
out, and our mirror ftp.klid.dk is not listed for our country DK,
although all files should be there. What could be the problem?

back when you registered the mirror you gave us
http://ftp.klid.dk/ftp/opensuse/ as base url. but a request to it is
just hanging not even rejected.

normally we avoid having ftp only mirrors, so that might be the reason
why you dropped from the listing. any specific reason why you disabled
the webserver?

The http server is there, I just got data from it, but it is slow, that
is why we prefer ftp.

Best regards
keld