Re: [suse-mirror] Thanks for beeing part of the 11.4 Launch
Am Freitag, 11. März 2011 schrieb Bernd Leibing:
Am 11.03.2011 09:14, schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
I'd like to thank you for beeing part of the 11.4 launch and would be
interested to get some numbers on how it went if you have some!

The 1 Gbit/s Link of our http/ftp Server ftp.uni-ulm.de (Germany) was
saturated from 3:30pm until 10pm (CET). Our upstream is 10 Gbit/s.
Therefore I added some bittorrent seeders. Within the last 24 hours I
distributed the equivalent of

1292 openSUSE-11.4-DVD-x86_64.iso
1111 openSUSE-11.4-DVD-i586.iso

images via Bittorrent seeding

I did a test this morning and downloaded via torrent at home and while I had >
1000 seeders, 95% of my incoming traffic (~700KB/s) was from 4 different
seeders at uni-ulm.de :)

I then did another direct download and had the same saturation from uni-
erlangen.de - living in germany is great for openSUSE users, you mirror guys
rock.

Greetings, Stephan