Re: [suse-mirror] 11.4 timeline
On 03/07/2011 06:43 AM, Carlos Carvalho wrote:
At release times downloads from stage become very slow and it's a pain to
pull the iso images. I expect our current rsync will last about 8-12h...

Things would be *much* faster if you provided jigdo/templates for the
isos so that big (full) mirrors could build them locally.

I hate to say this but jigdo is a bigger PITA than the slowness. The
best thing you can do is tier the mirroring, it really will help the
entire situation, allowing the bigger mirrors to sync directly with the
OpenSuse mirrors and the smaller ones sync from them.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley
Chief Kernel.org Administrator