Re: [suse-mirror] Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE 11.4 is done! Please help with Launch!
On Friday, March 04, 2011 03:47:18 AM Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
[...]
My main interest is to get the code into ftp5.gwdg.de, second interest
to try it personally, third to distribute.

If everything is done, why not distribute immediately?
With RC2, we had a deletion and renewal of all already distributed files
while the directories still were not opened.

Please start that again just now. The "open distribution directories
now" signal would be a totally separate thingy for the mirrors, main
thing is to get the files just-in-time and distribute internally - many
of us mirrors will struggle to deny the need of your very costly Akamai
helpout for the first hours, so please honorate "our" struggle to
engage all secondary ressorces just-in-time.

We like to give our best and help you this time (first time!) to get
able to dismiss the costly Akamai distribution bandwidth, but most
german mirrors - your main base, but all willing others too - need some
preparation time before your final release signal.

So, please let the code come out just now.

Getting everything ready for publishing takes some time, I'm currently
syncing the repo/oss tree internally around to the staging area. And with
Coolo ill, it takes a little bit longer ;-(

I expect that we have everything on stage on Monday but having the binaries
in repo/oss today should give you a head start.

We mark everything non-readable until Thursday, 10th of March.
As in the past, if any mirror leaks before Thursday, we will remove access
of that mirror to the staging area, so please check your setting.

Thanks all for your great help!
Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany