Re: [suse-mirror] RFC: to akamai nor not?
Hi,

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Stephan Kulow wrote:

We always used akamai the first hours after release, but it's not only very
complex to maintain, it was also said that it is not needed and might even
harm.

So I would like to know if you think we can do without for 11.4

ftp5.gwdg.de can deliver 240 MByte/sec, that is 20 TByte a day.

I can expose all files exluding those > 2 GB on ftp3 and ftp4 additionally, giving theoretically a plus of 2 times 10 TByte a day (in practice maybe less because they have only 12 GB resp. 8 GB RAM).

I guess Aachen can deliver a lot more, and maybe others too meanwhile.

Viele Gruesse
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

--
Eberhard Moenkeberg