Re: [suse-mirror] Blogging about 11.3 launch - THANKS!
On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 10:03:06AM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 09:51:54AM +0200, Keld Simonsen wrote:
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:14:36PM +0200, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Carsten Otto wrote:
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 05:18:12PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

I'm blogging about the launch and will publish my article later today.
The
current version is here:
http://pastie.org/private/orcmz76zjcybhy0tdki6ea

If you have anything to share regarding bandwidth/download numbers,
please
tell me.

My case is that it seemed like all traffic was directed to the novell site,
with a prio of 500, outweighting our 1 gbit/s site prio of 100.
there were some downloads but not that much. The irony was that our site at
ftp.klid.dk was about 10 times as fast as the novell site.

maybe the novell site also took over quite some traffic in other countries.

cdn.novell.com is actually Akamai.

yes, that is understood. So they should have bandwidth. But it seems like
Akamai does not perform nearly as good as some of the volunteer mirrors.

Anyway what will a prio of 500 meqan compared to a prio of 100+
Would it mean that in a round-robin queue that the 500 prio
site would be chosen 5 times as frequently as a 100 prio site?
(500/100 = 5).

best regards
keld