Re: [suse-mirror] Blogging about 11.3 launch - THANKS!
Hi,

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Carlos Carvalho wrote:
Andreas Jaeger (aj@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote on 16 July 2010 21:59:

>You can just append "?mirrorlist" to a download link to see what
>mirrorbrain would do, e.g.:
>
>http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.3/iso/openSUSE-11.3-Addon-
>Lang-i586.iso?mirrorlist
>
>Looking at that one, I do not see your mirror at all right now - this is
>something we should investigate. Darix, could you do so, please?

Forgot to say that our opensuse traffic dropped by approximately half
since May. And the proportion of traffic that goes abroad didn't
change. It could be that there are only half downloaders now but the
change is too abrupt for this to be the reason.

My guess is mirrorbrain is working better then ever.

At GWDG, I also have seen less traffic than before at release moments, but ftp5.gwdg.de had the first 6 hours 2 gbit/s full. Then it went down to 1 gbit/s, and it is still there.

That was not by mirrorbrain redirection - ftp3 and ftp4 had a higher mirrorbrain score than ftp5, but both needed less than half of their capacity.

So it seems to me ftp5.gwdg.de has his own fan community, and mirrorbrain for the first time had more than enough mirror servers configured.

Viele Gruesse
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

--
Eberhard Moenkeberg