Re: [suse-mirror] Blogging about 11.3 launch - THANKS!
Hi,

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Carsten Otto wrote:
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 05:18:12PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

I'm blogging about the launch and will publish my article later today. The
current version is here:
http://pastie.org/private/orcmz76zjcybhy0tdki6ea

If you have anything to share regarding bandwidth/download numbers, please
tell me.

Thanks for referencing Fujitsu as our sponsor, I hope they like it!

Some minor remarks or wishes:

- a few examples -> two examples

I hope GWDG will join too. It was really great.

- sat -> set
- with 4 gbit/s -> with peaks of 4 gbit/s
- gbit/s -> GBit/sec or GBit/s

gbit/s is OK.

- by Fujitsu. -> by Fujitsu and will be upgraded from 2 GBit/sec to 10
GBit/sec in the next few days. [if you wait long enough I can tell
you if the upgrade already happened]

Btw, our mirror was quite bored by this release with barely any disk or
CPU activity. I hope this changes with the 10 GBit/sec line.

How should it - if you have enough RAM to cache the whole tree, and I guess you have 32 GB or more.

My first astonished experience this way was at the release of staroffice-3 for linux about 1995.
The whole tree was 32 MB size, ftp.gwdg.de had 64 MB RAM, and as I looked at the server noises and leds, there was nothing...

Viele Gruesse
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

--
Eberhard Moenkeberg