Re: [suse-mirror] Blogging about 11.3 launch - THANKS!
  • From: Carsten Otto <ftp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:59:29 +0200
Hi,

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 05:18:12PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
I'm blogging about the launch and will publish my article later today. The
current version is here:
http://pastie.org/private/orcmz76zjcybhy0tdki6ea

If you have anything to share regarding bandwidth/download numbers, please
tell me.

Thanks for referencing Fujitsu as our sponsor, I hope they like it!

Some minor remarks or wishes:

- a few examples -> two examples
- sat -> set
- with 4 gbit/s -> with peaks of 4 gbit/s
- gbit/s -> GBit/sec or GBit/s
- by Fujitsu. -> by Fujitsu and will be upgraded from 2 GBit/sec to 10
GBit/sec in the next few days. [if you wait long enough I can tell
you if the upgrade already happened]

Btw, our mirror was quite bored by this release with barely any disk or
CPU activity. I hope this changes with the 10 GBit/sec line. Do you know
when the next release is scheduled? :)

Bye,
--
Carsten Otto otto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx