Re: [suse-mirror] Blogging about 11.3 launch - THANKS!
Andreas Jaeger (aj@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote on 16 July 2010 17:18:
I'm blogging about the launch and will publish my article later today. The
current version is here:
http://pastie.org/private/orcmz76zjcybhy0tdki6ea

If you have anything to share regarding bandwidth/download numbers, please
tell me.

I hope you're not using Akamai for Brazil and South America... We
(opensuse.c3sl.ufpr.br) could have easily transmitted several times
more.

Also, mirrorbrain only sends us isos. There are two possibilities for
this. The first is that opensuse almost doesn't have package updates,
differently from other distros. The second is that it's sending the
packages directly to the clients, since they're much smaller. In this
case it's quite bad since clients will have to pull from Europe, which
is probably a lot slower than pulling from us.