Re: [suse-mirror] size of modules
On Monday 12 July 2010 23:48:59 Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag 12 Juli 2010 schrieb SWITCHmirror Admins:
Is the date and time for the 11.3 bitflip known already? I think I
haven't seen it mentioned on this list. Or did I miss it?

We will bitflip at around 1pm CEST on tursday, 15th of july.

Why so late?
Do you think that still something may be broken witch you didn't detect?

I have updated both i586 and x86_64 without any problem.

Opening earlier than propagated could de-stress the moment of official
release - because a lot of traffic would have gone "hidden" earlier, and
the release moment would see lesser boundaries.

I am ready to open instantly, if you agree.

You would get ftp3, ftp4, ftp5.gwdg with a local boundary of 1 GBit/s
each, but with no boundary in sum.

Since Coolo announced that people can upgrade with zypper dup, we had to
open "distribution/11.3/repo" now open and would appreciate if you do so as
well.

Let's start serving ISOs, deltas and torrents only on Thursday,

Thanks,
Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany