Re: [suse-mirror] download.o.o/factory-snapshot
Hi,

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On Saturday 31 October 2009 00:55:40 Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Stephan Kulow wrote:

So far we kept the factory-snapshot on widehat only,
but as download.o.o gained some brand new GB, we decided
to move the snapshot directly there.

Those that want to mirror *everything* I created a new
rsync module, you can get it from

stage.opensuse.org::opensuse-factory-snapshot

This snapshot is where current 11.2 repository users
are redirected to, so we see a lot of traffic to it at
the moment. But as I can't guarantee that we won't need
to rebuild 11.2 for whatever reason before release, I
do not really recommend to mirror it. Once I'm sure
11.2 is final, it will move to /distribution/11.2/repo
of course - we will open the repo earlier than the ISOs.

BTW: I will move the remaining debug and source directories
out of /distribution in preparation of 11.2 release. It's only
interesting for those that mirror opensuse-full - all other
rsync modules had it excluded anyway.

I am using currently opensuse-full-with-factory-dvd5/opensuse/.
So my question: what to cnange to get it, additionally, please, within
the same rsync run?

Maybe it is a good idea (and good time) to change the module names to real
subdirectory names now.

Please, for future: try to give one URL for everything (which delivers
"everything" forever), and tell if you add either directories or
subdirectory module names.

"Creational intelligence" at this point is very counter-productive for the
mirrors.

Not sure what you really you ask for actually.

These are the visible rsync modules on stage:

opensuse-hotstuff-160gb 179.09G
opensuse-hotstuff-80gb 134.08G
opensuse-full 158.68G
opensuse-full-with-factory 245.03G
opensuse-full-with-factory-dvd5 254.19G
opensuse-full-really-everything 430.74G
opensuse-updates 72.42G
buildservice-repos 333.83G
buildservice-repos-main 184.35G
opensuse-source 39.74G
opensuse-debug 94.70G

And if look at the usage I see this (one count per mirror in the log):

51 opensuse-full
33 opensuse-full-with-factory
26 opensuse-full-with-factory-dvd5
16 opensuse-source
9 opensuse-hotstuff-160gb
9 opensuse-full-really-everything
5 opensuse-updates
2 opensuse-debug
2 buildservice-repos-main
2 buildservice-repos

So while gwdg may want to switch from repos+dvd5 to everything I don't
think everyone wants.

I need more transparency.
What is in opensuse-full-really-everything that is not in opensuse-full-with-factory-dvd5?

I guess it would be better to use real directory names as module names.
We can exclude directories we do not want to mirror and better know what we do.

Viele Gruesse
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

--
Eberhard Moenkeberg