Re: [suse-mirror] download.o.o/factory-snapshot
On Saturday 31 October 2009 02:58:17 Carlos Carvalho wrote:
Stephan Kulow (coolo@xxxxxxx) wrote on 29 October 2009 17:03:
>On Thursday 29 October 2009 15:53:30 Stephan Kulow wrote:
>> opensuse-full-really-everything is stage area and the factory-snapshot
>> is only in the public are. I guess I can change that later.
>
>OK, I moved the snapshot now into they really-everything

Good, thanks.

If I understand it, at the release moment the current factory will
become obsolete and the factory-snapshot will become the new factory.
If so, it'd be very convenient to just hardlink them. This would avoid
all mirrors downloading factory again, which will happen if you just
rename them. It'd also reduce the load on stage considerably and speed
up the availability of the tree to users.

Yes, they will be hardlinks. Right now factory-snapshot contains the 11.2
repos that do not exist anywhere else. I'm not sure I can create the 11.2
repos as hard links to factory-snapshot later as /distribution is synced
from euklid and factory-snapshot directly from the build service.
But I'll try to save bandwidth for those that already grabbed factory-snapshot
:)

After that I'll leave factory-snapshot as hardlinks to 11.2 repos till 11.3
Milestone0, too many people use that repo right now hardcoded even though I
told everyone to use the aliases.

For 11.3 Milestone0 I will put up hardlinks to factory.

Greetings, Stephan