Re: [suse-mirror] download.o.o/factory-snapshot
Hi,

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Stephan Kulow wrote:

So far we kept the factory-snapshot on widehat only,
but as download.o.o gained some brand new GB, we decided
to move the snapshot directly there.

Those that want to mirror *everything* I created a new
rsync module, you can get it from

stage.opensuse.org::opensuse-factory-snapshot

This snapshot is where current 11.2 repository users
are redirected to, so we see a lot of traffic to it at
the moment. But as I can't guarantee that we won't need
to rebuild 11.2 for whatever reason before release, I
do not really recommend to mirror it. Once I'm sure
11.2 is final, it will move to /distribution/11.2/repo
of course - we will open the repo earlier than the ISOs.

BTW: I will move the remaining debug and source directories
out of /distribution in preparation of 11.2 release. It's only
interesting for those that mirror opensuse-full - all other
rsync modules had it excluded anyway.

I am using currently opensuse-full-with-factory-dvd5/opensuse/.
So my question: what to cnange to get it, additionally, please, within the same rsync run?

Maybe it is a good idea (and good time) to change the module names to real subdirectory names now.

Please, for future: try to give one URL for everything (which delivers "everything" forever), and tell if you add either directories or subdirectory module names.

"Creational intelligence" at this point is very counter-productive for the mirrors.

Maybe my problem does not get understood yet, so please reflect: in first intention, I want to mirror "everything". In second reflection, I possibly need to exclude "something" due to space or other problems.

Please guess for yourself if there is a safe estimation currently which module name to use as "upmost".

Viele Gruesse
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

--
Eberhard Moenkeberg