Re: [suse-mirror] 11.2 Milestone8
On Wednesday 30 September 2009 20:26:05 J.H. wrote:
Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi,

I'll upload Milestone8 in the next hours, replacing Milestone7.

Greetings, Stephan

Just a note, and something that would be nice to try and get a
discussion on *NOW* is that it seems that Fedora and OpenSuse are
releaseing within 2 days of each other in November. Fedora is scheduled
for the 10th, and OpenSuse on the 12th. Is there *ANY* way that
OpenSuse could push back even 2 days (though I'll admit pushing it out a
week would be a lot better) that way the mirrors aren't taking the brunt
of multiple releases? This really does hurt the mirrors and makes the
initial user experience for the release (getting it) pretty poor for
everyone.

I understand your concern, but you're not seriously suggesting that openSUSE
hides in the weekend because Fedora slipped into our schedule? If anything,
you should contact Fedora about your concern. Originally it was 11-03 and
11-12, it was Fedora's decision to move to 11-10.

Greetings, Stephan