Re: [suse-mirror] rsync module for the sources - now there
Hi Eberhard & Bernd,
and hi list,

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:05:51PM +0100, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
I pointed someone to hosteurope.de, which mirror the sources (rsync URL
listed on http://mirrors.opensuse.org/list/11.1.html).
The reason that hosteurope has the sources is that they use an old rsync
module that I wanted to depreciate, but I'm in fact quite glad that
these things are available in *some* place. Hosteurope also does us the
favour of storing discontinued trees that we can't archive to space
reasons ourselves. (Thanks, Tobi!)

I like to know that old module name too.
discontinued is even more important for me than source.

If you are after the discontinued stuff, the bad news is that we don't
have disk space to keep it (we keep it *somewhere*, but we have no disk
space to make it available), so there is actually no rsync module that
contains anything of that kind.

If you give us separate module names for source, debug and discontinued -
guess what we will do?
"Naturally" we will place our copies below /pub/opensuse/ - so joe user
who likes to get one of "many mirrors" would have the need of excluding
unwanted directories anyways.

Better you give hints for the use of rsync's exclude option and some
examples with sizes. I would not mind if you would tell tlat in
rsync.motd...

stage.opensuse.org should have it all, have it all in place, and give
access to the topmost point.
Everything else is a try to serve virtual fools, but only creating one
more real fool. ;-))

Yes, in a way this would make a lot things easier. I appreciate your
thoughts. I lack the time to really do something about this right now,
but I'll keep it noted.