Re: [suse-mirror] openSUSE 10.2 nearing end of life
Hi,

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Peter Poeml wrote:

just a quick note - I don't know if Coolo has already mentioned it:
openSUSE 10.2 (http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/)
will soon be removed from our staging server, since it is not maintained
anymore.

Whoever wants to keep it, should put a copy away now. Possibly add
yourself to http://en.opensuse.org/Mirrors_Discontinued_Releases
so that users can find it.

Sorry, I can't tell you a date for the removal at the moment, but I
thought I'd better write it now, before it is forgotten, over releasing
11.1 and Christmas.

Don't you mean 10.3?

At least 10.2 disappeared already during November.

The main question is: how long will opensuse/update be valid, and will we
get information before something gets deleted?

We have lots of servers here which don't get updated in-time, so interest
is huge to access the latest updates for the gone distribution.

Viele Grüße
Eberhard Mönkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

--
Eberhard Mönkeberg