Re: [suse-mirror] Fwd: Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.1 rc1 is there
Am Donnerstag 27 November 2008 schrieb Eberhard Moenkeberg:

At least most of the mirrors have to struggle with the later correction of
your initial permissions fiddling (me too).

I got tons of mails about not appropriate permissions after release if I
forgot to run

find ${DST} -type d -exec chmod go=rx {} \;
find ${DST} -type f -exec chmod a+r {} \;

and I have to rsync the files after download from stage to the official
servers which would not work without special hand-crafting each and every
time.

Hmm, I don't understand - but I didn't invent this whole mechanism either.
The files are unreadable on first sync on purpose - when I publish I
change the permissions and wait for the mirrors to resync.

This works for all the other mirrors just fine from what I can say:
e.g.

http://ftp.uni-ulm.de/mirrors/opensuse/distribution/11.1-RC1/iso/openSUSE-11.1-RC1-Addon-Lang-i586.iso.md5
"You don't have permission"

Any restrictions during these procedures can lead to errors and delays,
and they are of less sense.

Somebody testing something before it is officially announced is clearly on
his own, and this can also be good as we have seen today.

This I understand even less.

Greetings, Stephan