Re: [suse-mirror] Fwd: Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.1 rc1 is there
Hi Stephan,

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Donnerstag 27 November 2008 schrieb Eberhard Moenkeberg:
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Donnerstag 27 November 2008 schrieb Eberhard Moenkeberg:
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, Stephan Kulow wrote:

Why's that? The files are correctly o-r on stage from what
I can say.

What's up there is broken and I replace them at 10pm and
now the kids are installing the broken version ;(

This permissions fiddling is nothing but crazy.

If you publish, then you publish.

I did not publish. And I wonder why you think I did.

Because you did. What else...

Eberhard, that's not helping me. To me a file without world readable
bit is not public. So please let me ask again: why you think I published?

At least most of the mirrors have to struggle with the later correction of
your initial permissions fiddling (me too).

I got tons of mails about not appropriate permissions after release if I
forgot to run

find ${DST} -type d -exec chmod go=rx {} \;
find ${DST} -type f -exec chmod a+r {} \;

and I have to rsync the files after download from stage to the official
servers which would not work without special hand-crafting each and every
time.

Any restrictions during these procedures can lead to errors and delays,
and they are of less sense.

Somebody testing something before it is officially announced is clearly on
his own, and this can also be good as we have seen today.

Viele Grüße
Eberhard Mönkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

--
Eberhard Mönkeberg