Mailinglist Archive: libyui-devel (8 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [libyui-devel] Access plugin internals?
On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 23:58:53 +0200
S H <ae0e075a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 08/31/14 21:35, Angelo Naselli wrote:
Il 31/08/2014 20:34, S H ha scritto:
Hello,

I hope asking this question here is okay.

Is there any way to access the instances of plugin-specific classes
like NCurses? It's in the public headers and everything so I
suppose it must be part of the public API, I just can't get a
pointer to the instance used in my application from the YUI class
or anywhere else. I already saw YUIPlugin has a locateSymbol method
and thought I could use that, but again, I don't know how to access
the YUIPlugin instance of my application.

Thank you very much in advance

Could you please explain better what you need?
if you need to run an application using ncurses just pass
"--ncurses" to the command line.
You can also use into the application runInTerminal and check
the return value

HTH,
Angelo

Thanks for your reply and sorry for being imprecise.

What I *actually* want to do is change the NCurses color scheme from
inside my application because I don't like the predefined ones.

So I had a look at /usr/include/yui/ncurses/NCurses.h and thought I
might do something like this to access the global style attributes
(after I've assured myself that the application is running on NCurses
somehow):

`````
NCstyle st = NCurses::style();
`````

But of course, this doesn't compile ("undefined reference"), because
the plugin is not meant to be statically linked and only becomes
available at runtime.

That's why I figured I'd need access to YUIPlugin::locateSymbol or
something, but for that I need the instance of YUIPlugin that actually
refers to the loaded NCurses plugin (if it has been loaded).

And that's where I'm stuck.

Maybe (probably) your library isn't intended to be used this way...

Anyway, hope my intention is clearer now.

I think you need to recompile libyui-ncurses to achieve that. At least
we have it documented ( it is in yast documentation, so hard to find )
- http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:YaST_tricks#Create_a_customized_color_theme

Josef