Re: [heroes] Host fonts at static.opensuse.org
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 20:08:27 +0100
Op zondag 25 november 2018 19:52:42 CET schreef Christian Boltz:
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 25. November 2018, 18:39:30 CET schrieb Knurpht-openSUSE:
Christian, can this by any means have influences on forums login? One
of the mods contacted me that after a three week holiday he cannot
login and is redirected to an MF login page.

The wiki change deleted lots of JS and CSS from the wikis (en.o.o etc.)
and replaced it with loading all that from static.o.o
(<script src="https://static.o.o/...";> and and <link rel="stylesheet"
href="https://static.o.o/...";>)

Also, the wiki (including login) is hosted in Nuremberg, while the
forums (also including login) still live in Provo.

I would be *very* surprised if the wiki change affects the forums or
another service.

BTW: I just tried - I can login to the forums without any problem.

Regards,

Christian Boltz

Seeing that this can take a long while maybe it is not the right
approach?

It is ... you just got stuck in the "will be done after the deadline
of this project" queue.
[Darix in https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/15486]
Leave that question for what it is, user reported to be on openSUSE 13.1 and
not having the isssue on Leap 15, so that's most likely an outdated Firefox.

Actually, I noticed that forums login issues overall have gone down to almost
zero.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member