Re: [heroes] retiring opensuse-hotstuff-* rsync modules?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 18:10:32 +0200
Ludwig Nussel wrote:

Hi,

The opensuse-hotstuff-* rsync modules offered by stage.opensuse.org
are rotting unupdated ever since download.o.o moved to a new system.
So they mostly contain old packages that are not relevant anymore.
As a result sizes are of course completely off too¹.

Yeah, this is https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/33346

So either we need someone to check the software² and how to get it
running again with the new download.o.o, or we should be honest and
just retire those modules. Since nobody complained since December I am
not sure it's worth investing effort there anymore actually.

I have actually been waiting for someone to complain about it. I did
look into to how to generate new package lists (with knapsack), but I
got distracted.

According to the logs there are 9 hosts syncing the 160GB module, 4
sync the 320GB module and 4 sync the 640GB module.

So who could get in contact with those mirrors and find a solution
going forward?

Unless they are registered mirrors, there is not much we can do. If
they are registered, maybe they should just use
opensuse-full-really-everything and exclude what they don't want.

Also, according to the size list "full" is bigger "than
full-with-factory". Moreover, "ports" is almost as big as full.

But Peter's list also reports sizes of the hotstuff modules which should
be 0 ?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.4°C)
Member, openSUSE Heroes