Re: [heroes] Resigning from the openSUSE heroes team
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 20:40:52 +0100
Thorsten Bro wrote:

Hi all,

Am 07.12.2017 um 12:16 schrieb Lars Vogdt:
The decision is not easy for me, as infrastructure administration is
always my baby - and especially the openSUSE infrastructure was part
of my life now for many, many years. But time goes by and - as well
as people - things change. So I decided to step back in this area for
now and give others a chance.

besides all the politics and changes happening in the last weeks, with
none of this helping in actually improving the infrastructure, but
making peoples life harder, I really have to say, that this is what
happens when politics go crazy, people get sad and step out of the way

Hi Thorsten

Yes, that is exactly what it sounds like.

- of course they try to fight for a valid amount of time - but if it
is about a project mainly driven in free time - like here - I think we
all understand, why you had to decided for yourself to make a
decision.

Being a bit on the outside, I am too far removed to really know what's
going on. That's okay, I'm curious, but I don't need to know. I just
get a dire sense of things falling apart.

I'll get a list of at least 22 machines. So I suggest to sit down
together - before the Heroes meeting in March - and discuss on which
services are running there, how they are managed at the moment and who
can be the new openSUSE Hero taking over this service.

That sounds like a sensible thing to do - I can't really take part (bit
of a long drive), but I am happy to help with whatever I can.

Of course there is even more, especially for the openSUSE
Heroes managed machines, I think it would be good to have a proper
handover of these services.

It would be critical. I am sure Lars will endeavour to make himself
available when needed, but a handover is absolutely critical.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.9°C)