[heroes] Re: LAS website
  • From: "Stella Rouzi (differentreality)" <differentreality@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 12:35:47 +0200
On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Ismael Olea <ismael@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 10:50 AM, Stella Rouzi (differentreality)
<differentreality@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey all!

I think you are talking about https://github.com/openSUSE/osem/pull/1265

And yes, to me this is a _very_ desirable feature. But it'll be ready,
at
best, just in autumn. Both GUADEC and SuperSEC 2018 will be held in
Summer
and Spring.

Have you checked
https://github.com/openSUSE/osem/pull/1610 and
https://github.com/openSUSE/osem/pull/1624 ?
Is this what you are looking for?

I would need to verify it but seems it is.

But #1624 is not at master yet. I would like to stick to master as much as
we can.

That's indeed right, and it's definitely a good idea to stick to
master (even though our master goes intense development at times, so
things might change quickly there).
I'd like to see the PR merged, let's see if we can work on it soon :)

[about PGConf US enhancements]

We have talked with them, and they know we would be happy to get more
PRs with the changes they did

This is what Joshua emailed me:

The major features we have added are:
* Braintree Payments support
* What's Happening Now
* Activities
* Policies

The above are all features we could reasonably push upstream given some
time. However, there are others that would just take too much work
including:

* Integrated CMS
* Promo Codes
* Proper ticketing
* Sponsor Portal (in development)

I would like to see us put some effort into the first list but we are very
busy so it will take some time.

Thanks for sharing.
Indeed some work is required to merge these upstream. I see they are a
lot of commits ahead, and a lot of commits behind. So this isn't very
simple any more.
Also some of their commits might not be relevant to the upstream
project, or are not being merged to our upstream (ie commits changing
old migrations is just a couple that I know of, but they were
introduced before a PR was opened. This should work just fine on OSEM
master as well, without those changes.).

I worked a lot with Eugene when he opened the PRs in the past. I will
be happy to do so again.

I also wonder if *all* of their changes are in
https://github.com/commandprompt/osem-pg/

Stella