Re: [heroes] opensuse.org subdomains pointing to pages.github.com
  • From: "Sarah-Julia Kriesch" <sarah-julia.kriesch@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:14:05 +0100

We should forward that to the openSUSE Board then. ;-)

Regards,
Sarah

Gesendet: Freitag, 09. Dezember 2016 um 18:32 Uhr
Von: "Lars Vogdt" <lrupp@xxxxxxx>
An: "Theo Chatzimichos" <tampakrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, heroes@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [heroes] opensuse.org subdomains pointing to pages.github.com
Am 9. Dezember 2016 16:24:02 MEZ, schrieb Theo Chatzimichos
<tampakrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
We currently have 101.opensuse.org, and I
have
requests for two other github pages to get an opensuse.org subdomain.
What is
your opinion, should we make an exception on the policy here?

Not 100% sure, but that might be a legal problem. I would say: at least the
board has to be informed before.

My main concern is the livecycle of such pages: we should document not only the
responsibilities but also the time frame and possible options if a project is
not alive any more or has other trouble, like getting hacked or otherwise
abused.

=> for me this sounds like we might need a generic contract for such cases,
that's why I want at least the board on board :-)

CU,
Lars