I would like to summarize my progress so far. I am working on
the libYUI project as mentioned above.
good work, few notes:
1. libYUI and all three UI plugins (Qt, ncurses and GTK) have been
ported to target systems (Fedora and Ubuntu).
2. The git repository at gitorious.org/libyui/libyui
has been removed.
This will be replaced with the official YUI svn repo once the
conversion is complete. The old repo can be found at
and will contain files related to my
Why you return back from git to svn? And why you use gitorious instead github which is
better service from my POV?
3. Builds now make use of OBS. The download repository can be found at
Currently build targets are Ubuntu (10.10 & 11.04), Fedora (14 & 15)
and Debian 6.
4. GTK plugin no longer has libzypp as a dependency and can hence be
5. Due to CMake issues on Ubuntu 11.04 with the GTK CMake module (Bug
report : https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cmake/+bug/751940
), builds using CMake have failed. Moreover, the default install
location for gdk-pixbuf on F14 and F15 are different which caused the
GTK plugin build to fail on F14 as well.
6. I have converted the GTK plugin to use autotools as opposed to
CMake. This has made it compile successfully in Ubuntu 11.04 using
pkg-config and I hope, it will compile of F14 as well. I will be
updating the GTK package on OBS this week.
Hmm, cmake is more advanced solution then autotools. I think that if this is case and it
is already fixed, then support only the latest build or modified build is enough solution
( or you can link to your project new cmake to make it compile, so target RPM is fine).
7. Documentation for libyui is now online and can be found at
:http://doc.opensuse.org/projects/libyui/HEAD/ . This is an initial
version and improvements may be expected in near future. The absolute
path issue is now fixed.
Nice, do you plan to create useful first page? It really helps.
8. Examples, update for YUI and full GsoC reports are also updated on
my blog which can be found at : http://nbprashanth.wordpress.com/
last weeks GsoC report (GsoC Report - 3) can be found at :
9. Patches for minor bugs such as "long long warnings" have been made.
Not integrated upstream yet.
10. If anyone happens to test any of the YUI packages at OBS and finds
a bug, please send me an email or leave a comment on the blog.
We are quite busy now, but I plan during august try it and test it.
Appliance Toolkit team
maintaining parts of webyast and SLMS
author of rubygems - studio_api and net_observer (coauthor)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: yast-devel+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: yast-devel+help(a)opensuse.org