Nuernberg YaST team - meeting 2008-03-25
* discussion about chosing some possible features to implement according
to spare cycles:
- Special YaST IP4 address widget: problem to find widget supporting
ipv6 support, needs more research
- YaST: show the dependency reasons in "Show automatic changes" window:
this is hard, we have to find out what the solver provides now
- Remove left help window in ncurses UI: doable, WIzard.ycp see bnc #360350
- Package keywords filter: also need some support from solv querying
- Whole software management stack should warn about missing/oudated
update source: this is required as we don't have in workflow registration.
- "Installation Sources" Filter Option "<In No Installation
should be easy, but not important.
- System upgrade: keep packages with no replacement: schubi is taking
care of it
- Implement AutoYaST-related functions (Read/Write/Import/Export) for
Display/XGL settings: jdsn looking at it.
- Respect taboo settings: see next discussion
Because YaST does not save them back, there was a long discussion about
how to save them.
Provide a ZYpp api to save them (you can load /etc/locks now).
Main problem: apps need to save locks by package name/edition. If a user
has a regexp on /etc/locks, and yast loads that (which locks several
packages on the pool) then locks will be saved expanded when saved back
tot he file.
possible solution: have different levels for locks so we can make a
difference when saving them, right now we have application locks and
user locks, and may be we can use that.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: yast-devel+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: yast-devel+help(a)opensuse.org