As discussed today at the Uyuni Community Hours, there are some opportunities
for all the community to contribute back.
You do not really need to be a developer, as you can also help with
translation, documentation, or even design. Even with the website!
Here are the topics that were proposed:
- Translations: UI, documentation (no coding skills required)
- Learning pills (articles, videos)
- Salt formulas, forms: Active Directory authentication, Samba, Web Server...
(no real coding skills required)
- Import Debian and Ubuntu patches ("errata") information.
- Debian autoinstallation: preseed support
- Amazon Linux 2 repository syncing (requires adding sqlite support)
- Virtual host gatherers for your favourite cloud or virtualizaton platform
- Implemente GPG key management RFC
- Content mirroring and statging
- Virtualization enhacements: network configuration, snapshots management, PXE
- Support for more operating systems: MS Windows, Mac, Android...
- LSP support in file viewers / editors (e.g. Eclipse Theia / Microsoft
- Integrate create-your-own-dashboard framework.
Those are just some examples, so if you want to do something else, feel free
to bring it forward.
So if you are interested in any of the topics above, or you want to propose
others, just write at uyuni-devel(a)opensuse.org so we can kickoff a discussion
Have a nice weekend and... happy hacking!
Julio González Gil
Release Engineer, SUSE Manager and Uyuni