On 02/02/2019 12.29, Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:
Op zaterdag 2 februari 2019 12:18:25 CET schreef
Carlos E. R.:
On 02/02/2019 12.07, Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:
Op zaterdag 2 februari 2019 12:03:40 CET schreef
Carlos E. R.:
On 02/02/2019 09.30, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> 01.02.2019 22:10, Carlos E. R. пишет:
> Show output of
> rpm --eval %_dbpath --eval %_dbpath_rebuild
Pointless now, as I have manually changed things.
And, manually changing stuff often leads to trouble. It could even be,
having mc ( midnight commander fwiw ) was in fault. I checked all the
things Andrei wrote, and he's right. For both Leap and TW.
Telcontar:/var/lib # rpmdb --rebuilddb
Telcontar:/var/lib # rpm --eval %_dbpath --eval %_dbpath_rebuild
Telcontar:/var/lib # l | grep rpm
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Feb 2 11:10 rpm ->
../../usr/lib/sysimage/rpm/ drwxr-xr-x 2 root root
4096 Feb 1 20:07 rpm.old/ -rw-r--r-- 1 root root
1560556 Feb 2 12:14 rpmlist Telcontar:/var/lib
So, it's a symlink. And mc
may have simply not refreshed the contents of the
folder /var/lib/rpm is symlinked to.
I did ctrl-R.
Why insist that your system does not
behave like Andrei says. He's the one with the detailed knowledge. And AFAICS
he's 100% right, if I look at my installs. If yours doesn't work like that (
and it is, since your backups are in the proper folder and no package install
changes that ), it must be manual changes.
And no, this is not my road to happiness :D
Things are where they should now, after I took manual action :-)
The state I described before was temporary, and possibly a result of
aborting rpm --rebuilddb.
Cheers / Saludos,
Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)