openSUSE Security Update: Security update for plasma5-workspace
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2018:0398-1
References: #1013550 #1079429 #1079751
Cross-References: CVE-2018-6790 CVE-2018-6791
SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12
An update that solves two vulnerabilities and has one
errata is now available.
This update for plasma5-workspace fixes security issues and bugs.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed:
- CVE-2018-6790: Desktop notifications could have been used to load
arbitrary remote images into Plasma, allowing for client IP discovery
- CVE-2018-6791: A specially crafted file system label may have allowed
execution of arbitrary code (boo#1079751)
The following bugs were fixed:
- Plasma could freeze with certain notifications (boo#1013550)
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-147=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 (x86_64):
- SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 (noarch):