openSUSE Recommended Update: Recommended update for int10h-oldschoolpc-fonts
Announcement ID: openSUSE-RU-2020:2093-1
openSUSE Leap 15.2
An update that has 0 recommended fixes can now be installed.
This update for int10h-oldschoolpc-fonts fixes the following issues:
Update to release 2.2
* MxPlus line of fonts: The characters ��, ��, ��, �� now consistently
use the modified form of the h����ek/caron diacritic (as used in
* New fonts:
* PC-compatible computers: NEC MultiSpeed (4 fonts), Schneider EuroPC (3
fonts), Tandy 1000 Video I -2x (1 font), Tandy 1000 Video II -2x (1
* PC semi-compatibles: DEC Rainbow 100 (4 fonts), HP 150 Touchscreen (1
font), Robotron A7100 (1 font), Tandy 2000 graphics modes (3 fonts),
Zenith Z-100 (2 fonts)
Update to release 2.1
* New fonts: Acer 710 Mono, HP 100LX, Olivetti MS-DOS, Sanyo MBC-55x,
Sanyo MBC-775, Sharp PC-3000, TeleVideo Tele-PC, CL Eagle II, CL Eagle
III, CL Stingray, InteGraphics VGA, PhoenixVGA, Sigma Designs
RealMagic, STB AutoEGA, early Trident/TVGA8800CS, Tseng EVA-480
ET2000, Various/ACM VGA, Acorn BBC Master 512, Atari Portfolio,
Philips :YES G-2x, Texas Instruments PC/PPC, Wang Professional
* Removed Olivetti MxVGA: superseded by CL Stingray.
- Switched to the Mx437/MxPlus variant font files and made Px437/PxPlus a
fontconfig-level alias for compatibility.
Update to release 2.0
* Added new variants: Ac (aspect corrected) and Mx (Mixed outline +
* New fonts (overview): AMI EGA, Acer-*, Apricot-*, Compaq Port3, DOS V,
EpsonMGA, EverexME (like EGA), IBM Model30, IBM PS/55, LE Model D, NEC
APC3, Nix8810, Olivetti M15/MX, Trident.
* VGA SquarePx was renamed to AST PremiumExec.
* ToshibaLCD was renamed to ToshibaSat; a few other minor renames.
- All pre-stretched fonts (both Ac or Px-2X/Px-2Y variants) were moved to
the -stretched subpackage.
- Expand font scaling notes and separate out to extra file (there is a lot
to talk about).
To install this openSUSE Recommended Update use the SUSE recommended installation
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 15.2:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2020-2093=1
- openSUSE Leap 15.2 (noarch):
Show replies by date