openSUSE Security Update: Security update for unrar ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2017:1658-1 Rating: moderate References: #1045315 Cross-References: CVE-2012-6706 Affected Products: openSUSE Leap 42.2:NonFree ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that fixes one vulnerability is now available.
This update for unrar to version 5.5 fixes the following issues:
* CVE-2012-6706: fixes VMSF_DELTA memory corruption (boo#1045315) see https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1286&can=1&... r&desc=2
* Based on RAR 5.50 beta1 * Added extraction support for .LZ archives created by Lzip compressor. * Modern TAR tools can store high precision file times, lengthy file names and large file sizes in special PAX extended headers inside of TAR archive. Now WinRAR supports such PAX headers and uses them when extracting TAR archives. * unrar no longer fails to unpack files in ZIP archives compressed with XZ algorithm and encrypted with AES
* Based on final RAR 5.40. * If RAR recovery volumes (.rev files) are present in the same folder as usual RAR volumes, archive test command verifies .rev contents after completing testing .rar files. If you wish to test only .rev files without checking .rar volumes, you can run: `unrar t arcname.part1.rev`. * If -p switch is used without optional <pwd> parameter, a password can be also set with file redirection or pipe. * unrar treats 'arcname.partN' as 'arcname.partN.rar' if 'arcname.partN' does not exist and 'arcname.part#.rar' exists. For example, it is allowed to run: `unrar x arcname.part01` to start extraction from 'arcname.part01.rar'.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update. Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 42.2:NonFree:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2017-724=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- openSUSE Leap 42.2:NonFree (i586 x86_64):
libunrar-devel-5.5.5-3.1 libunrar5_5_5-5.5.5-3.1 libunrar5_5_5-debuginfo-5.5.5-3.1 unrar-5.5.5-3.1 unrar-debuginfo-5.5.5-3.1 unrar-debugsource-5.5.5-3.1