openSUSE Security Update: Security update for lcms2 ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2017:0336-1 Rating: moderate References: #1021364 Affected Products: openSUSE Leap 42.1 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that contains security fixes can now be installed.
This update for lcms2 to version 2.8 fixes the following issues:
This security issue was fixed:
- Fixed an out-of-bounds heap read in Type_MLU_Read that could be triggered by an untrusted image with a crafted ICC profile (boo#1021364).
These non-security issues were fixed:
* Fixed many typos in comments, thanks to Stefan Weil for doing that. * Fixed localization bug, added a new test case crayons.icc thnaks to Richard Hughes for providing the profile. * Fixed a bug in optimizer that made some formats (i.e, bits planar) unavailable * Fixed misalignment problems on Alpha. The compiler does not align strings, and accessing begin of string as a uint16 makes code to fail. * Added some extra checks to the tools and examples. * Fix a bug that prevented to read luminance tag * BIG amount of functionality contributed/Sponsored by Alien Skin Software: TransformStride, copyAlpha, performance plug-ins. Fixes some warnings as well. * added an extra _ to _stdcall to make it more portable * Fixed a bug in transicc for named color profiles * Fixed several compiler warnings * Added support for Visual Studio 2015 * Fixed for XCODE project * Update to GNOME 3.20
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update. Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 42.1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2017-179=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- openSUSE Leap 42.1 (i586 x86_64):
lcms2-2.8-3.1 lcms2-debuginfo-2.8-3.1 lcms2-debugsource-2.8-3.1 liblcms2-2-2.8-3.1 liblcms2-2-debuginfo-2.8-3.1 liblcms2-devel-2.8-3.1
- openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64):
liblcms2-2-32bit-2.8-3.1 liblcms2-2-debuginfo-32bit-2.8-3.1 liblcms2-devel-32bit-2.8-3.1
- openSUSE Leap 42.1 (noarch):