openSUSE Security Update: Security update for lcms2
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2017:0336-1
openSUSE Leap 42.1
An update that contains security fixes can now be installed.
This update for lcms2 to version 2.8 fixes the following issues:
This security issue was fixed:
- Fixed an out-of-bounds heap read in Type_MLU_Read that could be
triggered by an untrusted image with a crafted ICC profile (boo#1021364).
These non-security issues were fixed:
* Fixed many typos in comments, thanks to Stefan Weil for doing
* Fixed localization bug, added a new test case crayons.icc thnaks
to Richard Hughes for providing the profile.
* Fixed a bug in optimizer that made some formats (i.e, bits
* Fixed misalignment problems on Alpha. The compiler does not
align strings, and accessing begin of string as a uint16 makes code to
* Added some extra checks to the tools and examples.
* Fix a bug that prevented to read luminance tag
* BIG amount of functionality contributed/Sponsored by Alien Skin
Software: TransformStride, copyAlpha, performance plug-ins. Fixes some
warnings as well.
* added an extra _ to _stdcall to make it more portable
* Fixed a bug in transicc for named color profiles
* Fixed several compiler warnings
* Added support for Visual Studio 2015
* Fixed for XCODE project
* Update to GNOME 3.20
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 42.1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2017-179=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- openSUSE Leap 42.1 (i586 x86_64):
- openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64):
- openSUSE Leap 42.1 (noarch):