openSUSE Recommended Update: Recommended update for atop
Announcement ID: openSUSE-RU-2022:10024-1
openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP4
An update that has 0 recommended fixes can now be installed.
This update for atop fixes the following issues:
atop was updated to 2.7.1:
* Correct disk stats in atopsar (#182)
* Explicit type definition in atop.service (#180)
Update to 2.7.0:
* Describe (un)restricted view in first screen
* Cosmetic change
* Determine (un)restricted view by verifying suid instead of euid.
* Do not ignore unknown network interface
* Parseable output: optionally exchange spaces in command
* No setuid by default
* Correct conversion to 2.7 raw files
* Corrected type
* Only show per-node NUMA stats when more than 1 node
* Prepare man pages for version 2.7
* Prepare atopconvert for version 2.7
* Detect logrotation for process accounting with psacct/acct
* Speed and duplex mode not correctly filled for interface
* Bug solution related to discards
* Support discard counter for disks and skip unused disks
* ifprop.c: fix ioctl parameter after handshaking with kernel
* Show gigabits/sec instead of megabits/sec for Infiniband #131
* CVE: use execvp with a specified path to avoid PATH hijacking
* Correct memory busy logic in atopsar
* Add parseable output for per-node NUMA counters
* Additions to NUMA counters Table overflow checks
* Gather and show per numa cpu related statistics
* Gather and show per numa memory related statistics
* Correction in handling of zswap and ksm counters
* Support containers created by podman
* Cleanup old messages
* Do not change owner to root in Makefile (#76)
* Support process accounting log /var/log/account/pacct (#138)
* Polish do_perfevents when atop built with NOPERFEVENT
* Do not use doconvert funtion to validate counter (#160)
* New counter for number of NUMA pages migrated
* Modify field order and priority of paging counters
* Small text modification for migrated counter
* Avoid non-initialized prestat by introducing extra pointer
* Function 'calcdiff' (deviate.c) used uninitialized prestat struct
* Reserver space for future counters.
* Clean up ignored files
* Variable number of positions for sortitem
* Adapt man page of atop for state selection (add state 'I').
* Allow thread state 'I' with state selection (key 'Q')
* Count idle threads as non-interruptible threads
* Uninitialized index might cause segmentation fault.
* Support NVMe multipath disk statistics
* Support page migration counter
* photosyst.c: fix build on musl
* Use of struct ethtool_link_settings should be conditional
* Cosmetic change (source code layout)
* Various bug fixes and in general add 'thread' to all messages
* Properly define if interface is virtual or physical
* Add license info to various include files (solves issue #144)
* HTTP statistics modified from -h flag to -o flag (#152)
* Possible buffer overflow with huge number of seconds Number
of seconds will be limited to 5 positions.
* Possible buffer overflow with average disk I/O
* Allow process selection based on specific process states.
* Correct definition of environment variable LOGOPTS
* Switch to using curses vw_printw as vwprintw is deprecated
* Support multiple counters 'allocstall_' in /proc/vmstat.
* Avoid integer overflow when calculating PSI percentages.
* Suppress irrelevant counters (solves issue #148)
* Add the number of OOM kills to the -s report
* Record the number of process stalls to run memory compaction
* Make clean removes atopsar now (issue 145)
* Add counter for the number of OOM kills to the PAG line
* Add counters for zswap and KSM.
* ifprop.c: fix build with kernel < 4.6
* Fix initifprop() when obtaining properties of all interfaces
* Fixed rounding problems in the average-per-second mode.
Update to version 2.6.0
* Sort threads within process.
* Individual threads within a process (key 'y') are shown in the
order of their TID. With the additional key 'Y' threads within a process
are sorted based on the current sort criterium.
* Show the WCHAN per thread.
* With the key 'W' is active, the wait channel is determined per thread
and shown with the scheduling information (key 's').
* Show runqueue delay per thread/process.
* For every process (cumulated) and every thread the time spent waiting on
the runqueue is shown as value 'RDELAY'.
* Show other modified/new metrics:
+ PSI pressure during interval time is shown
+ Counter 'avio' (average I/O time) for fast disks in microseconds or
+ Counter 'zfarc' showing the current size of the ARC (cache) for
+ Counter 'swcac' showing the current size of the swap cache
+ Counter LOCKSZ showing the virtual locked memory size
* Avoid crash with very high load average values.
* Fix errors in reading InfiniBand states.
* Support of rawlog files spanning multiple days.
* The time specification to define the begin time (-b flag) and end time
(-e flag) of both atop and atopsar is [YYYYMMDD]hhmm now
* This also applies to the branch key ('b') when using atop interactively.
* Support reading rawlog from a pipe.
* Rawlog data can be read from a pipe by atop and atopsar with the option
'-r -'. In this way, concatenated rawlog data from the command atopcat
can be directly processed.
* New program atopcat, the program atopcat concatenates rawlog files and
writes this data to stdout. The output can be redirected to a new rawlog
file or to atop/atopsar directly via a pipe (see option '-r -' of these
commands). In this way e.g. weekly or monthly reports or extractions can
Update to version 2.5.0
Modifications for atop:
* Avoid using perf counters in VM New option 'perfevents' in the atoprc
file to define if the Instructions Per Cycle (IPC) should be retrieved
via the 'perf' counters. Specify value 'auto' (default), 'enable' or
'disable'. In case of 'auto', the Instructions Per Cycle counter will
not be retrieved on VMs due to the
overhead of reading this counter in a guest.
* Improve daily rotation of logfile for systemd-based systems. Exchange
the files /etc/cron.d/atop, /etc/logrotate.d/psaccs_atop,
/var/log/atop/dummy_after and /var/log/atop/dummy_before by
atop-rotate.service and atop-rotate.timer.
* Bug fixes: Correction of PSI value 'io full'. Use smaps_rollup (if
present) instead of smaps for better performance. Use writev instead of
3 single writes to avoid logfile corruption. Modified handling of error
messages (remain visible after window is closed). Correct CID for
containers created by Kubernetes. Allow reading a logfile via a named
Modifications for atopconvert:
* Show version of input file (even if only one parameter specified).
* The format of the raw file is compatible with version 2.4.
To install this openSUSE Recommended Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP4:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2022-10024=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP4 (aarch64 i586 ppc64le s390x x86_64):