openSUSE Security Update: Security update for virtualbox ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2022:10067-1 Rating: important References: #1198676 #1198677 #1198678 #1198679 #1198680 #1198703 #1199803 #1201720 Cross-References: CVE-2022-21465 CVE-2022-21471 CVE-2022-21487 CVE-2022-21488 CVE-2022-21491 CVE-2022-21554 CVE-2022-21571 CVSS scores: CVE-2022-21465 (NVD) : 6.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:L/A:H CVE-2022-21465 (SUSE): 6.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:L/A:H CVE-2022-21471 (NVD) : 6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:N/A:H CVE-2022-21471 (SUSE): 6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:N/A:H CVE-2022-21487 (NVD) : 3.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:N/A:N CVE-2022-21487 (SUSE): 3.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:N/A:N CVE-2022-21488 (NVD) : 3.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:L/A:N CVE-2022-21488 (SUSE): 3.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:L/A:N CVE-2022-21491 (NVD) : 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2022-21491 (SUSE): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2022-21554 (NVD) : 4.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H CVE-2022-21554 (SUSE): 4.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H CVE-2022-21571 (NVD) : 8.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2022-21571 (SUSE): 8.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
Affected Products: openSUSE Leap 15.4 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves 7 vulnerabilities and has one errata is now available.
This update for virtualbox fixes the following issues:
- Save and restore FPU status during interrupt. (boo#1199803)
- Update support of building with Python
- Replace SDL-devel BuildRequires with pkgconfig(sdl): allow to use sdl12_compat as an alternative.
Version bump to 6.1.36 released by Oracle July 19 2022
This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:
- VMM: Fixed possible Linux guest kernel crash when configuring Speculative Store Bypass for a single vCPU VM - GUI: In the storage page of the virtual machine settings dialog, fixed a bug which disrupted mouse interaction with the native file selector on KDE - NAT: Prevent issue when host resolver incorrectly returned NXDOMAIN for unsupported queries (bug #20977) - Audio: General improvements in saved state area - Recording: Various fixes for settings handling - VGA: Performance improvements for screen updates when VBE banking is used - USB: Fixed rare crashes when detaching a USB device - ATA: Fixed NT4 guests taking a minute to eject CDs - vboximg-mount: Fixed broken write support (bug #20896) - SDK: Fixed Python bindings incorrectly trying to convert arbitrary byte data into unicode objects with Python 3, causing exceptions (bug #19740) - API: Fixed an issue when virtual USB mass storage devices or virtual USB DVD drives are added while the VM is not running are by default not marked as hot-pluggable - API: Initial support for Python 3.10 - API: Solaris OS types cleanup - Linux and Solaris hosts: Allow to mount shared folder if it is represented as a symlink on a host side (bug #17491) - Linux Host and Guest drivers: Introduced initial support for kernels 5.18, 5.19 and RHEL 9.1 (bugs #20914, #20941) - Linux Host and Guest drivers: Better support for kernels built with clang compiler (bugs #20425 and #20998) - Solaris Guest Additions: General improvements in installer area - Solaris Guest Additions: Fixed guest screen resize in VMSVGA graphics configuration - Linux and Solaris Guest Additions: Fixed multi-screen handling in VBoxVGA and VBoxSVGA graphics configuration - Linux and Solaris Guest Additions: Added support for setting primary screen via VBoxManage - Linux and Solaris Guest Additions: Fixed X11 resources leak when resizing guest screens - Linux and Solaris Guest Additions: Fixed file descriptor leak when starting a process using guest control (bug #20902) - Linux and Solaris Guest Additions: Fixed guest control executing processes as root - Linux Guest Additions: Improved guests booting time by preventing kernel modules from being rebuilt when it is not necessary (bug #20502) - Windows Guest Additions: Fixed VBoxTray crash on startup in NT4 guests on rare circumstances
- Fixes CVE-2022-21571,CVE-2022-21554 - boo#1201720
Version bump to 6.1.34 (released March 22 2022) by Oracle
- This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added: - VMM: Fix instruction emulation for "cmpxchg16b" - GUI: Improved GUI behavior on macOS Big Sur and later when kernel extensions are not loaded - EHCI: Addressed an issue with handling short packets (bug #20726) - Storage: Fixed a potential hang during disk I/O when the host I/O cache is disabled (bug #20875) - NVMe: Fixed loading saved state when nothing is attached to it (bug #20791) - DevPcBios: Addressed an issue which resulted in rejecting the detected LCHS geometry when the head count was above 16 - virtio-scsi: Improvements - E1000: Improve descriptor handling - VBoxManage: Fixed handling of command line arguments with incomplete quotes (bug #20740) - VBoxManage: Improved 'natnetwork list' output - VBoxManage: NATNetwork: Provide an option (--ipv6-prefix) to set IPv6 prefix - VBoxManage: NATNetwork: Provide an option (--ipv6-default) to advertise default IPv6 route (bug #20714) - VBoxManage: Fix documentation of "usbdevsource add" (bug #20849) - Networking: General improvements in IPv4 and IPv6 area (bug #20714) - OVF Import: Allow users to specify a different storage controller and/or controller port for hard disks when importing a VM - Unattended install: Improvements - Shared Clipboard: Improved HTML clipboard handling for Windows host - Linux host and guest: Introduced initial support for kernel 5.17 - Solaris package: Fixes for API access from Python - Solaris IPS package: Suppress dependency on libpython2.7.so.* - Linux host and guest: Fixes for Linux kernel 5.14 - Linux Guest Additions: Fixed guest screen resize for older guests which are running libXrandr older than version 1.4 - Linux Guest Additions: Introduced initial support for RHEL 8.6 kernels (bug #20877) - Windows guest: Make driver install smarter - Solaris guest: Addressed an issue which prevented VBox GAs 6.1.30 or 6.1.32 from being removed in Solaris 10 guests (bug #20780) - EFI: Fixed booting from FreeBSD ISO images (bug #19910) - Fixes CVE-2022-21465 (boo#1198676), CVE-2022-21471 (boo#1198677), CVE-2022-21491 (boo#1198680), CVE-2022-21487 (boo#1198678), and CVE-2022-21488 (boo#1198679). - package virtualbox-websrv needs sysvinit-tools (boo#1198703)
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 15.4:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2022-10067=1
- openSUSE Leap 15.4 (noarch):
virtualbox-guest-desktop-icons-6.1.36-lp184.108.40.206 virtualbox-guest-source-6.1.36-lp220.127.116.11 virtualbox-host-source-6.1.36-lp18.104.22.168
- openSUSE Leap 15.4 (x86_64):
python3-virtualbox-6.1.36-lp22.214.171.124 python3-virtualbox-debuginfo-6.1.36-lp126.96.36.199 virtualbox-6.1.36-lp188.8.131.52 virtualbox-debuginfo-6.1.36-lp184.108.40.206 virtualbox-debugsource-6.1.36-lp220.127.116.11 virtualbox-devel-6.1.36-lp18.104.22.168 virtualbox-guest-tools-6.1.36-lp22.214.171.124 virtualbox-guest-tools-debuginfo-6.1.36-lp126.96.36.199 virtualbox-guest-x11-6.1.36-lp188.8.131.52 virtualbox-guest-x11-debuginfo-6.1.36-lp184.108.40.206 virtualbox-kmp-debugsource-6.1.36-lp220.127.116.11 virtualbox-kmp-default-6.1.36_k5.14.21_150400.24.11-lp18.104.22.168 virtualbox-kmp-default-debuginfo-6.1.36_k5.14.21_150400.24.11-lp22.214.171.124 virtualbox-qt-6.1.36-lp126.96.36.199 virtualbox-qt-debuginfo-6.1.36-lp188.8.131.52 virtualbox-vnc-6.1.36-lp184.108.40.206 virtualbox-websrv-6.1.36-lp220.127.116.11 virtualbox-websrv-debuginfo-6.1.36-lp18.104.22.168
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2022-21465.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2022-21471.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2022-21487.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2022-21488.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2022-21491.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2022-21554.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2022-21571.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1198676 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1198677 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1198678 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1198679 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1198680 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1198703 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1199803 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1201720