openSUSE Security Update: Security update for phpMyAdmin
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2017:3451-1
SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12
An update that contains security fixes can now be installed.
This update for phpMyAdmin to version 4.7.7 fixes a security issue and
The following vulnerability was fixed:
- By deceiving a user to click on a crafted URL, it was possible to
perform harmful database
operations (bsc#1074066, PMASA-2017-09)
This update also contains all upstream improvements and bugfixes in
- various display and UI fixes
- PHP error fixes
- Improved deteciton of MySQL server needing SSL connections
- Support JSON datatype on MariaDB 10.2.7 and newer
- Fix constructing ALTER query with AFTER
- Fix changing password on MariaDB cluster
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2017-1421=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 (noarch):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+help(a)opensuse.org