openSUSE Security Update: Recommended update for xen
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2019:1199-1
References: #1026236 #1027519 #1114988 #1126140 #1126141
#1126192 #1126195 #1126196 #1126197 #1126198
#1126201 #1126325 #1127400 #1127620
openSUSE Leap 15.0
An update that solves one vulnerability and has 13 fixes is
This update for xen fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed:
- CVE-2018-19967: Fixed HLE constructs that allowed guests to lock up the
host, resulting in a Denial of Service (DoS). (XSA-282) (bsc#1114988)
- Fixed an issue which could allow malicious PV guests may cause a host
crash or gain access to data pertaining to other guests.Additionally,
vulnerable configurations are likely to be unstable even in the absence
of an attack (bsc#1126198).
- Fixed multiple access violations introduced by XENMEM_exchange hypercall
which could allow a single PV guest to leak arbitrary amounts of memory,
leading to a denial of service (bsc#1126192).
- Fixed an issue which could allow a malicious unprivileged guest
userspace process to escalate its privilege to that of other userspace
processes in the same guest and potentially thereby to that
of the guest operating system (bsc#1126201).
- Fixed an issue which could allow malicious or buggy x86 PV guest kernels
to mount a Denial of Service attack affecting the whole system
- Fixed an issue which could allow an untrusted PV domain with access to a
physical device to DMA into its own pagetables leading to privilege
- Fixed an issue which could allow a malicious or buggy x86 PV guest
kernels can mount a Denial of Service attack affecting the whole system
- Fixed an issue which could allow malicious 64bit PV guests to cause a
host crash (bsc#1127400).
- Fixed an issue which could allow malicious or buggy guests with passed
through PCI devices to be able to escalate their privileges, crash the
host, or access data belonging to other guests. Additionally memory
leaks were also possible (bsc#1126140).
- Fixed a race condition issue which could allow malicious PV guests to
escalate their privilege to that
of the hypervisor (bsc#1126141).
Other issues fixed:
- Upstream bug fixes (bsc#1027519)
- Fixed an issue where setup of grant_tables and other variables may fail
- Added a requirement for xen, xl.cfg firmware="pvgrub32|pvgrub64
- Added Xen cmdline option "suse_vtsc_tolerance" to avoid TSC emulation
for HVM domUs (bsc#1026236).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 15.0:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2019-1199=1
- openSUSE Leap 15.0 (i586 x86_64):
- openSUSE Leap 15.0 (x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+help(a)opensuse.org