SUSE Security Update: Security update for Linux Kernel Live Patch 13 for SLE 12 SP1 ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2017:1941-1 Rating: important References: #1030575 #1031481 #1031660 #1039496 Cross-References: CVE-2017-1000364 Affected Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1 SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves one vulnerability and has three fixes is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 3.12.69-60_64_32 fixes several issues.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2017-1000364: An issue was discovered in the size of the stack guard page on Linux, specifically a 4k stack guard page is not sufficiently large and can be "jumped" over (the stack guard page is bypassed) (bsc#1039496).
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update. Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP1-2017-1208=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2017-1208=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1 (x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS (x86_64):