openSUSE Security Update: Security update for dosbox
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2019:1920-1
Cross-References: CVE-2019-12594 CVE-2019-7165
openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1
An update that fixes two vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for dosbox fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed:
- CVE-2019-7165: Fixed that a very long line inside a bat file would
overflow the parsing buffer (bnc#1140254).
- CVE-2019-12594: Added a basic permission system so that a program
running inside DOSBox can't access the contents of /proc (e.g.
/proc/self/mem) when / or /proc were (to be) mounted (bnc#1140254).
- Several other fixes for out of bounds access and buffer overflows.
This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.0:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2019-1920=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+help(a)opensuse.org