openSUSE Security Update: Security update for live555 ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2019:1880-1 Rating: moderate References: #1121995 #1124159 #1127341 Cross-References: CVE-2019-7314 CVE-2019-9215 Affected Products: openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves two vulnerabilities and has one errata is now available.
This update for live555 fixes the following issues:
- CVE-2019-9215: Malformed headers could have lead to invalid memory access in the parseAuthorizationHeader function. (boo#1127341)
- CVE-2019-7314: Mishandled termination of an RTSP stream after RTP/RTCP-over-RTSP has been set up could have lead to a Use-After-Free error causing the RTSP server to crash or possibly have unspecified other impact. (boo#1124159)
- Update to version 2019.06.28, - Convert to dynamic libraries (boo#1121995): + Use make ilinux-with-shared-libraries: build the dynamic libs instead of the static one. + Use make install instead of a manual file copy script: this also reveals that we missed quite a bit of code to be installed before. + Split out shared library packages according the SLPP. - Use FAT LTO objects in order to provide proper static library.
This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.1:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2019-1880=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
libBasicUsageEnvironment1-2019.06.28-bp184.108.40.206 libUsageEnvironment3-2019.06.28-bp220.127.116.11 libgroupsock8-2019.06.28-bp18.104.22.168 libliveMedia66-2019.06.28-bp22.214.171.124 live555-2019.06.28-bp126.96.36.199 live555-devel-2019.06.28-bp188.8.131.52
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2019-7314.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2019-9215.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1121995 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1124159 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1127341