openSUSE Security Update: Security update for live555
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2019:1880-1
References: #1121995 #1124159 #1127341
Cross-References: CVE-2019-7314 CVE-2019-9215
openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1
An update that solves two vulnerabilities and has one
errata is now available.
This update for live555 fixes the following issues:
- CVE-2019-9215: Malformed headers could have lead to invalid memory
access in the parseAuthorizationHeader function. (boo#1127341)
- CVE-2019-7314: Mishandled termination of an RTSP stream after
RTP/RTCP-over-RTSP has been set up could have lead to a Use-After-Free
error causing the RTSP server to crash or possibly have unspecified
other impact. (boo#1124159)
- Update to version 2019.06.28,
- Convert to dynamic libraries (boo#1121995):
+ Use make ilinux-with-shared-libraries: build the dynamic libs instead
of the static one.
+ Use make install instead of a manual file copy script: this also
reveals that we missed quite a bit of code to be installed before.
+ Split out shared library packages according the SLPP.
- Use FAT LTO objects in order to provide proper static library.
This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.1:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2019-1880=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP1 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+help(a)opensuse.org