openSUSE Security Update: Security update for calamares
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2019:2654-1
References: #1140256 #1152377
openSUSE Backports SLE-15
An update that solves one vulnerability and has one errata
is now available.
This update for calamares fixes the following issues:
- Launch with "pkexec calamares" in openSUSE Tumbleweed, but launch with
"xdg-su -c calamares" in openSUSE Leap 15.
Update to Calamares 3.2.15:
- "displaymanager" module now treats "sysconfig" as a regular entry
"displaymanagers" list, and the "sysconfigSetup" key is used as
shorthand to force only that entry in the list.
- "machineid" module has been re-written in C++ and extended with a new
configuration key to generate urandom pool data.
- "unpackfs" now supports a special "sourcefs" value of file for
single files (optionally with renaming) or directory trees to the target
- "unpackfs" now support an "exclude" and "excludeFile"
excluding particular files or patters from unpacking.
Update to Calamares 3.2.14:
- "locale" module no longer recognizes the legacy GeoIP configuration.
This has been deprecated since Calamares 3.2.8 and is now removed.
- "packagechooser" module can now be custom-labeled in the overall
progress (left-hand column).
- "displaymanager" module now recognizes KDE Plasma 5.17.
- "displaymanager" module now can handle Wayland sessions and can detect
sessions from their .desktop files.
- "unpackfs" now has special handling for sourcefs setting “file”.
Update to Calamares 3.2.13.
More about upstream changes:
Update to Calamares 3.2.11:
- Fix race condition in modules/luksbootkeyfile/main.py (boo#1140256,
- more about upstream changes in 3.2 versions can be found in
This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.0:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2019-2654=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15 (noarch):
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15 (x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-security-announce+help(a)opensuse.org