SUSE Security Update: Security update for gnutls ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2014:0323-1 Rating: critical References: #835760 #865804 #865993 Cross-References: CVE-2014-0092 Affected Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 LTSS ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves one vulnerability and has two fixes is now available.
The GnuTLS library received a critical security fix and other updates:
* CVE-2014-0092: The X.509 certificate verification had incorrect error handling, which could lead to broken certificates marked as being valid. * CVE-2009-5138: A verification problem in handling V1 certificates could also lead to V1 certificates incorrectly being handled.
Additionally, a memory leak in PSK authentication was fixed. bnc#835760
* CVE-2014-0092 <http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2014-0092
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update. Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 LTSS:
zypper in -t patch slessp2-gnutls-8950
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 LTSS (i586 s390x x86_64):
gnutls-2.4.1-188.8.131.52 libgnutls-extra26-2.4.1-184.108.40.206 libgnutls26-2.4.1-220.127.116.11
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 LTSS (s390x x86_64):
http://support.novell.com/security/cve/CVE-2014-0092.html https://bugzilla.novell.com/835760 https://bugzilla.novell.com/865804 https://bugzilla.novell.com/865993 http://download.novell.com/patch/finder/?keywords=b548d1e9d587491bc78588fee9...